The Roost Wine Company only ships products within Canada.
Shipped and sold by The Roost Wine Company
- Frontenac Blanc
- Frontenac Gris
Fresh in spirit, this aromatic wine soars with notes of warm butterscotch and green apple. Hints of tropical fruit are balanced by lively acidity and rich mineral undertones from the hillside limestone beneath our vineyard’s roots.
Frontenac Blanc is a relatively new grape, even in the world of cold-climate vines. It's said to be cold-resistant to -40C (thankfully we haven't had to verify this) and has natural resistance to the majority of diseases that can damage grapes. As a result, we're able to grow it with minimal intervention in the vineyard.
With a tropical nose and off-dry palate, we love pairing this with asian foods like sushi or thai curry. It also stands alone as a cocktail wine.
Previous vintages have been firm favourite in the tasting room and sold out quickly, and this is a wine that has been awarded a host of medals including at the All Canadian Wine Championships and Finger Lakes International Wine Competition.
Awards for past vintages
- Gold - 2021 All Canadian Wine Championships
- Bronze - 2019 National Wine Awards of Canada, 2018 Vintage
- Gold - Finger Lakes International Wine Competition 2016 Vintage
- Silver - Canadian National Wine Awards 2017 Vintage
- Silver - Intervin International Wine Competition 2017 Vintage