Sorry, Henry of Pelham Estate Winery does not ship wine to United States.
Canadian wine delivered right to your door!
* Get FREE SHIPPING on orders of 6 bottles or more from Henry of Pelham! Feel free to mix wines. Select your shipping method at check out and the shipping cost will be discounted automatically. *
Named in memory of Henry’s wife, widow and family matriarch, Catharine Smith. Clonal selection and the use of traditional grape varieties (Chardonnay & Pinot Noir) makes this wine a modern Niagara expression of a time honoured wine style. The secondary fermentation is done in bottle and this wine is aged for approximately 30+ months on the lees before disgorging.
• Made from the blending of 70-80% Chardonnay with 20-30% Pinot Noir;
• Handpicked and bunch selected. Gently whole cluster pressed;
• A small percentage of the Chardonnay is barrel fermented;
• Secondary fermentation in bottle followed by a further 30+ months aging on the lees.
Salmon caviar with sour cream; Malpeque oysters with a hint of lemon. Or add 1 oz of Riesling Icewine or 1 oz of Cabernet Franc Icewine to 3 oz of Cuvée Catharine to make a Kir Catharine or a Blushing Kir Catharine respectively.
Awards & Ratings
- Natalie MacLean
- National Wine Awards of Canada 2015, Silver Medal
91+ Points - Dean Tudor
90 Points - Beppi Crosariol
90 Points - David Lawrason
90 Points - Rick Vansickle
90 Points - Sara D'Amato
90 Points - Steve Thurlow
4.5 Stars - Rod Phillips