Sorry, Henry of Pelham Estate Winery does not ship wine to United States.
Canadian wine delivered right to your door!
Named in memory of Henry’s wife, widow and family matriarch, Catharine Smith. Clonal selection and the use of traditional grape varieties (Chardonnay & Pinot Noir) makes this wine a modern Niagara expression of a time honoured wine style. The secondary fermentation is done in bottle and this wine is aged for approximately 30+ months on the lees before disgorging.
• Made from the blending of 70-80% Chardonnay with 20-30% Pinot Noir;
• Handpicked and bunch selected. Gently whole cluster pressed;
• A small percentage of the Chardonnay is barrel fermented;
• Secondary fermentation in bottle followed by a further 30+ months aging on the lees.
Salmon caviar with sour cream; Malpeque oysters with a hint of lemon. Or add 1 oz of Riesling Icewine or 1 oz of Cabernet Franc Icewine to 3 oz of Cuvée Catharine to make a Kir Catharine or a Blushing Kir Catharine respectively.
Awards & Ratings
- Natalie MacLean
- National Wine Awards of Canada 2015, Silver Medal
91+ Points - Dean Tudor
90 Points - Beppi Crosariol
90 Points - David Lawrason
90 Points - Rick Vansickle
90 Points - Sara D'Amato
90 Points - Steve Thurlow
4.5 Stars - Rod Phillips