Sorry, Henry of Pelham Estate Winery does not ship wine to United States.
Canadian wine delivered right to your door!
* Get FREE SHIPPING on orders of 6 bottles or more from Henry of Pelham! Feel free to mix wines. Select your shipping method at check out and the shipping cost will be discounted automatically. *
This robust expression of our Riesling is the result of attention to the smallest detail of viticulture, a naturally reduced crop load per vine (thanks to the heavy clay soils of the Short Hills Bench) and 30+ year-old vines.
• Made from grapes grown on the oldest Riesling vines in the Henry of Pelham vineyards in the Short Hills Bench (planted 1984);
• Yields of 2 to 3 tonnes/acre (~35-50 hL/ha);
• Cold fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks.
The brininess of shrimp, scallops, mussels and clams are great with this wine. Pair with roast pork as well as pasta with white sauce.
Awards & Ratings
Henry of Pelham’s 2018 Speck Family Reserve is a stunner of a riesling from a vintage that such a result is more than impressive. Niagara riesling in ’18 are generally juicy and very forthright. While this SFR is not shy and comes equipped with phenolic realizations as developed as any it also sparks and flits with jagged excitement. The fruit comes at you in waves but so do the succulence of vital acids. You sense the gaseous propulsions and intuit a future built on benchmarks, from secondary through the tertiary. Long life ahead for this Short Hills Bench beauty. Drink 2019-2028. Tasted April 2019.
- Michael Godel, WineAlign
- National Wine Awards of Canada 2019, Bronze Medal