Sorry, Moraine Estate Winery does not ship wine to United States.

Canadian wine delivered right to your door!

More Views

  • National Wine Awards of Canada 2019, Silver Medal
  • British Columbia Lieutenant Governor's Wine Awards 2019, Bronze Medal

Cliffhanger White, 2018

Shipped and sold by Moraine Estate Winery

2018 Okanagan Valley 750 mL, 12% ALC/VOL

Availability: In stock

$20.00
  • Gewürztraminer
  • Pinot Gris

Critic's Rating90 pts

Description

Our 2018 Cliffhanger White is produced with a mixture of 51% Gewürztraminer and the remaining 49% is comprised of Pinot Gris grapes. We fermented the wine cold in stainless steel to capture the varietal aromas.

Taste Profile: Notes of lychee, honeydew melon and sweet pineapple are complemented by a hint of sweetness on the palate.

Food Match: Pair this wine with some barbequed honey glazed pork or a goat’s cheese and cured meat platter.

Awards & Ratings

Critic’s Rating:

90 pts

- Tony Aspler

Awards:

  • National Wine Awards of Canada 2019, Silver Medal National Wine Awards of Canada 2019, Silver Medal
  • British Columbia Lieutenant Governor's Wine Awards 2019, Bronze Medal British Columbia Lieutenant Governor's Wine Awards 2019, Bronze Medal

Connoisseur Note(s):

Gold - 2019 Best of BC Wine Awards

Reviews

This product doesn't have reviews yet

Be the first and write a review

Write a review

Rate this product: *

← Back to reviews list

Tasting Notes

This was a featured wine in November's Wine Club package, 2019.

Tasting notes written by Tony Aspler.

Geographical Indication: VQA Okanagan Valley, B.C.
Varietal: Gewurztraminer (51%), Pinot Gris (49%)
Vineyard: Kutyn Vineyard & Lone Oak Vineyard
Cases Produced: 1,150

Appearance: Pale straw colour.
Nose: Aromatic, minerally nose of lychee and grapefruit with a light rose petal note.
Palate: Medium-bodied, dry, rich lychee and green peach flavour prolonged by zesty, citrus acidity. A beautifully balanced wine. Great tension between ripe fruit and fresh acidity.
Quality: Outstanding. 90 points. Drink now.

Food Pairing: Grilled chicken thighs with Israeli couscous salad, apple cinnamon pork chops, foie gras and truffle fettuccine, veal with lemon and capers, and white peach and lychee cobbler.

Related Products

Back to Top