Sorry, Red Rooster Winery does not ship wine to United States.
Canadian wine delivered right to your door!
* Get FREE SHIPPING on orders of 2 or more bottles from Red Rooster! Feel free to mix wines. Select your shipping method at check out and the shipping cost will be discounted automatically. *
This Rooster is the ‘King of the Flock’ with its beautiful bouquet of blackcurrant and blackberry standing perfectly alongside notes of smoke, leather, vanilla extract, oak, tobacco and forest floor. This full-bodied wine has firm drying tannins and perfect poise, plus wonderful flavours of black currant, blackberry, spice and earth. The lingering finish shows notes of black tea, cocoa, Chai spice, and oak.
Excellent with wild game meats; rich reductions on roasted red meats; rich bean stews; beef short ribs; 4-year-old Canadian cheddar.
Awards & Ratings
- Tony Aspler
- InterVin International Wine Awards 2018, Silver Medal
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2019, Bronze Medal
- National Wine Awards of Canada 2019, Bronze Medal
- British Columbia Lieutenant Governor's Wine Awards 2019, Bronze Medal
This was a featured wine in April's Wine Club package, 2020.
Tasting notes written by Tony Aspler.
Geographical Indication: BC VQA Okanagan Valley
Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon (38%), Merlot (27%), Cabernet Franc (22%), Petit Verdot (12%), Malbec (1%)
Vineyard: Various Okanagan Valley vineyards
Residual Sugar: 0.4 g/L
Cases Produced: 2,200
Appearance: Deep ruby-purple colour.
Nose: Rich cedary, spicy nose of blackcurrant and tobacco.
Palate: Medium-bodied, silky mouth-feel, dry, elegant, beautifully balanced and harmonious with ripe tannins.
Quality: Outstanding. 91 points. Drinking well now, but will hold for 3 – 4 years.
Food Pairing: Beef brisket with wild mushrooms, grilled polenta bruschetta with olive tapenade, duck and andouille sausage gumbo, jalapeño chicken burgers, and fusilli with artichoke hearts and parmesan.