Sorry, Tawse Winery does not ship wine to United States.
Canadian wine delivered right to your door!
* Get FREE SHIPPING on orders of 6 bottles or more from Tawse to addresses in Ontario, and only $20 to ship 6 bottles outside of Ontario! Feel free to mix wines. Select your shipping method at check out and the shipping cost will be discounted automatically. *
Winemaking Notes: Crafted from the highest quality hand-harvested fruit and aged 18 months in French oak, this premium blend was assembled from 36% Merlot, 32% of Cabernet Our premium red blend, the 2012 Meritage is comprised of 42% David’s Block Merlot, 33% Van Bers Vineyard Cabernet Franc and 25% Hillside Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. This is the best example of Bordeaux that we have experienced in the last 10 years. Aged 18 months in French oak, this wine shows tart dark fruit, cigar box and herbal aromas. The palate is full with bold tannins, dark chocolate and hints of coffee. Definitely a wine for aging, we are curious to see how it changes over the next 9 or 10 years.
Growing Conditions: Viticultural practices included vertical shoot positioning, shoot thinning, cluster thinning, hand-leaf removal and hand- harvest.
Food Pairing: A full bodied vintage 2012 wine like this requires food with substance. Pair it with a rib eye steak with new potatoes and peppercorn gravy, beef bourguignon or grilled Kobe beef burgers.
Drinking Window: 2017-2025
Awards & Ratings
- National Wine Awards of Canada 2016, Bronze Medal
- InterVin International Wine Awards 2016, Silver Medal
- Ontario Wine Awards 2017, Bronze Medal
- National Wine Awards of Canada 2017, Bronze Medal
- InterVin International Wine Awards 2017, Silver Medal