Dessert wines can be a great way to switch things up and indulge in something sweet – be it an after-dinner dessert or anytime. Dessert wines are made from the same grape varietals often used to produce regular wines, but they are set apart by their sweet and rich flavours. They are also often lower in alcohol content due to the amount of sugar used. Enjoy dessert wines on their own, or pair it with other delicious sweets, fresh fruit or even a variety of cheeses.
What To Look For In A Dessert Wine
The colour of dessert wines can vary depending on the varietal used for production. Taste and aroma will also vary depending on the type and grape variety used. However, their sweet and rich flavours remain a universal trait for most dessert wines. It’s also important to note that dessert wines are often packaged in smaller bottles than typical white or red wines. But don’t be discouraged—your bottle should last. Dessert wines are meant to be drunk in smaller amounts because of their intense flavours.
Types of Dessert Wines
Most dessert wines can be categorized into the following categories: icewine, fortified wine, lightly sweet dessert wine, richly sweet dessert wine and sweet red wine. Each of these types produces a delicious, unique dessert wine that can be enjoyed on a wide variety of occasions. Dessert wines can also benefit from aging as cellaring helps to balance the sweetness, acid and tannins.
Buy Dessert Wine in Canada
You can find a respectable selection of dessert wine for sale online with My Wine Canada. We offer some of the finest dessert wine in Canada online for your convenience. Order your dessert wines with My Wine Canada today.
Items 1-12 of 43
- Late Harvest Chardonnay Musque, 2017Cooper's Hawk Vineyards, Lake Erie North Shore$10.15
- Maple Wine, NVSainte Famille Wines, Annapolis Valley$16.00Sold Out
- Blueberry Ice, NVSainte Famille Wines, Annapolis Valley$18.00Sold Out
- Vidal Select Late Harvest, 2019Cornerstone Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$19.00
- Special Select Late Harvest Vidal, 2019Henry of Pelham Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$19.95
- Vidal Select Late Harvest, 2019Konzelmann Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$19.95
- Forté (Port style), 2014Cornerstone Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$20.00
- Frontenac Gris, Late Harvest, 2013Coteau Rougemont, Quebec$22.00
- Siegerrebe, 2019The Roost Wine Company, Ontario$22.95
- Pomme d'Or, NVDomaine de Grand Pré, Nova Scotia$24.50Sold Out
- Canadian Cassis, NVSouthbrook Vineyards, Niagara Peninsula$24.95
- Vintage One, 2015Black Widow Winery, Okanagan Valley$25.00Sold Out
Items 1-12 of 43