Drink pink! A favourite spring or summer wine, rosé’s can be enjoyed year round. Rosé wines are made from dark-skinned grapes, which are also used to produce red wine. However, the main difference between the two is the length of time the juice stays in contact with the skins, known as “maceration.” Just like their white and red counterparts, rosé wines are very food-friendly. Their bright, zippy characteristics pair effortlessly with salads, seafood, steak and chicken.
Types of Rosé Wine
The colour of rosé wine can range from a soft subtle blush to a vibrant and vivid hot pink. Rosé wines tend to have fruit forward flavours such as strawberry, raspberry, cherry, grapefruit and blackberry. They can be characterized into 2 categories: dry or sweet. Dry style rosé’s are more acidic and not sweet, unlike the later.
Grape Varietals for Rosé Wine
The most popular grape varieties used to produce rosé wines are: Pinot Noir, Syrah, Merlot, Muscat, Zinfandel, Grenache and Sangiovese. Most rosé wines are a blend of multiple varietals, which helps create that beautiful shade of pink. Just make sure to drink rosé wines right away to take advantage of their freshness.
Buy Rosé Wine Online
My Wine Canada offers a vast selection of rosé wine for sale online. We have some of the finest rosé wine for sale in Canada, right here at your fingertips. Order your rosé wine online with My Wine Canada today.
Items 1-12 of 146
- Summer Rose, 2015EastDell Estates, Niagara Peninsula$12.95Sold Out
- 20 Bees Rosé, NVLakeview Wine Co., Niagara Peninsula$12.95
- Pelee Pink Rosé VQA, 2020Pelee Island Winery, Lake Erie North Shore$12.95
- Mindful Rosé, NVLakeview Wine Co., Niagara Peninsula$12.95
- Rosé 101, 2019Niagara College Teaching Winery, Niagara Peninsula$13.95
- Sweet Eloise, NVSprucewood Shores Estate Winery, Lake Erie North Shore$14.15
- EastDell Summer Rosé, 2019Lakeview Wine Co., Niagara Peninsula$14.95
- Blushing Beaver, NVFrisky Beaver Wines, Ontario$14.95
- LOLA Blush Sparkling Rosé, 2020Pelee Island Winery, Lake Erie North Shore$14.95
- Winemaker Selection Rosé, 2020Commisso Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$14.95
- Rosé, 2021Henry of Pelham Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$14.95
- Rosé, 2021Creekside Estate Winery, Niagara Peninsula$15.95