Frequently Asked Questions
- Who sells the wine?
- Our participating wineries and licensed agents sell and ship the wine directly to you. My Wine Canada is not involved in the sale, packing, shipping or delivery of any wine product. By completing your order, you authorize the relevant parties to fulfill your order.
- Who do I call if I have a problem while using the My Wine Canada website?
- Email email@example.com or call us toll free at 1 (888) 236-3056.
- How do I access my account online?
- Go to MyWineCanada.com and click on the Login link in the top right corner. In fact, you can log in from any page on the My Wine Canada website this way.
- I’ve lost my password, what now?
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to the Login link in the top right corner of any page on the site, and simply clicking the 'Forgot Password?' link inside the Login box. A new password will be sent to you via email.
- What credit cards do you accept?
- All of our wineries accept Visa and Mastercard. Most of the wineries also accept Amex, however the following do not:
- Elephant Island Orchard Winery
- Upper Bench Winery
- Evolve Cellars
- TIME Estate Winery/McWatters Collection
- Tinhorn Creek Vineyards
- Thank you for the sweet infographic on the ordering process, can you provide more details on how to place an order?
It really is as simple as the infographic makes it out to be! All orders are placed online in one seamless shopping cart experience, even if you’re ordering from multiple wineries.
Browse the great selection of Canadian wines that are offered by our participating wineries. Select the wines that you wish to purchase and add them to your cart. In some cases, there are minimum bottle requirements so we’ll help you out along the way and make sure that you have created a valid order for your shopping cart. You'll find that the Checkout button will be greyed out on the shopping cart page until you have the correct bottle minimums in your cart.
Done shopping? Then it’s time to check on out, using our easy as 1-2-3 check out system
Step One: Confirm the quantities in your shopping cart – you can add or remove wines from inside the cart. Your order(s) will be sent directly to, and will be processed by, the relevant participating wineries.
Step Two: Enter your address info and confirm your shipping preferences. Your totals will automatically update as you confirm these final details. You can also create an account during checkout to make things uber easy the next time around.
Step Three: Enter payment details and confirm that the transaction has gone through. And then sit back, relax and expect your favourite Canadian wines to arrive at your door directly from the participating wineries!
After you have completed the transaction, you will receive a confirmation email of your order
Once your order has been approved by the fulfilling winery, you should receive shipping details via phone or email from that winery. You can track your shipment and get an estimated date of delivery. Please make sure you are available to receive your wine.
- I've got all my wine selections in my cart, but the Checkout button won't let me proceed!
- If the Checkout button is grey, it means that you have a minimum shipping quantity alert that you must address before proceeding to check out. Minimum shipping quantities are occasionally set by the wineries to enable them to ship in specific box sizes. For example, if Winery A has a minimum shipping quantity of two bottles, and you have put one bottle of their wine into your cart, a red alert will show up when you view your cart indicating that this winery requests a minimum of two bottles. Once you add a second bottle from that winery, the alert will go away and you will see that the grey Checkout button has changed to a yellow Checkout button. You can now check out!
- I see that there is a minimum quantity alert of 6 bottles for a particular winery.
Can I select 6 different bottles from the same winery?
- Yes! Mixed packages are encouraged by every winery partner on this website. It's a great opportunity to order an assortment of products and sample different wines from the same winery.
- I would like to order 1 bottle as a gift, which wineries can I order from?
- There are a number of wineries on our site who will ship single bottles of wine to you. As with any other winery on our site, whether or not they will ship to your region is determined once you have provided the shipping address. The following wineries will ship single bottles:
- Flat Rock Cellars
- 13th Street Winery
- Marynissen Estates Winery
- Tawse Winery
- Aure Wines
- 20 Bees Wines
- Dan Aykroyd Wines
- EastDell Estates
- Lakeview Cellars
- Seasons Wines
- Fresh Wines
- Will my cart selections stay put if leave the site and come back later?
- Yes! Make sure that you are logged in so that anything that you put in your cart will be there the next time you log in.
- Are there any restrictions on who can receive the shipment?
- Is your website secure, can I feel safe sending through my credit card number and personal information?
- We take great pride in the level of security we have introduced into the platform. Credit card details are not stored in the website and we meet or exceed Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards. All payment information is encrypted when transmitted and representatives of My Wine Canada never have access to your full credit card number. We also employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols to enable safe communication across our network.
- Can you explain to me a bit more about the delivery options and costs?
- The website defaults shipping to the lowest cost carrier available at the winery from which you are ordering to the shipping address provided, however in most cases upgraded shipping options are available if you need your wine sooner. In all cases, the estimated delivery time and cost will be made available to you, and you can adjust your choice of carriers from inside the checkout page and instantly be provided with new shipping time estimates and exact costs. My Wine Canada is unique in that it works with many partner wineries across the country using a direct to consumer model, so if you purchase wine from more than one winery, each order will be shipped independently. We make this as clear as possible during the shopping experience. For more details on shipping, please review our Wine Delivery details.
- When can I expect to receive my wine?
- Shipping times will be based on your selection during the check out process and is an estimated timeline. Please allow for winery handling time so that the respective wineries can pack your order, most wineries will have your order shipped within 24 hours of order placement. In general, winery shipments usually take between 2 and 5 business days to arrive for most areas.
- I tried to track my order online but I don’t see any useful information, why is that?
- Your tracking number doesn’t become activated until after the package is picked up and scanned by the carrier, so in most cases your wine is probably processed and waiting to be picked up by the Canada Post or FedEx employee. You should see activity relating to the tracking number within a couple of business days. Also, most carriers pick up their shipments towards the end of the day, so if you track a package at 4pm it may not show activity, but if you check back after 6pm you may notice it has been picked up and is en route!
- What happens if nobody is home when the delivery arrives?
- We strongly encourage you to make sure that somebody of legal drinking age is available to receive the shipment. Many enthusiasts find it convenient to ship to their place of business or an alternate address where they know for certain the shipment can be received. However, in the event that you’re not home, most carriers will leave a note on your door and re-attempt delivery the following day. Please review our Wine Delivery page for additional information.
- Who do I call if there’s a problem with one of my deliveries?
- Call the winery that is shipping that order to you. You can find the winery’s contact information on our website by typing their name into the search bar on the home page. Alternately, you can find them on our list of Wineries.
- What happens if my package arrives and some of the product is damaged or broken?
- On the rare occasion that product arrives to your door in an unsatisfactory condition, you may choose to either refuse the delivery outright or you can accept the package and deal directly with the winery regarding replacement of only the broken items. Please see the Wine Delivery page for more information on bottle returns.
- What is your cancellation or refund policy?
- MWC’s participating wineries process all orders made through our site. As such, we are unable to cancel or make changes to an order once it has been confirmed by the underlying winery and entered the delivery process. If you need to cancel an UNconfirmed order, please contact us immediately to initiate this process. For any issues related to your order, inquiries should be directed to the specific winery in question. For complete details regarding our cancellation or return policy, please refer to the Wine Delivery page.
- I think something is broken with the website, who should I contact about that?
- Please help us provide the best service we can to fellow Canadian wine enthusiasts by reporting any suspected web-related errors to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1 (888) 236-3056.
- I have suggestions about how your site could be even better!
- Great! Please send us your comments via the form on our Contact page. This website is for you - the wine-loving consumer - and we are constantly aiming to improve your experience and update the website, so your feedback is very valuable and appreciated.
- Who do I contact for press inquiries?
- Please email email@example.com.
What if I have a question that I don’t see listed here?
If you have a query that you don’t see here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will respond as quickly as possible.
You can also give us a call at 1 (888) 236-3056.
We will continue to post new frequently asked questions to this page.