Not to be outdone by our Moms, the celebration of our Dads, Pops, Papas, and Papis around the world is upon us. And in similar spirit, we've got a treat for them - we're offering free shipping on 6 bottles of wine or more from 3 premium wineries!
From each participating winery, choose 6 or more fantastic bottles of wine from their award-winning portfolios, and they will ship your order to you or your Dad, absolutely free. Use coupon code DAD15 at checkout, and remember that it’s 6+ bottles from the same winery (although feel free to mix bottles from the same winery!). The deal ends at midnight on June 21, so buy now and get those wines in time for Father's Day.
We polled our own Dads on their favourite wines and here are the Top 3 Picks from each winery.
From British Columbia...
Gorgeously situated in the Okanagan's Naramata Bench, Upper Bench Winery produces aromatic whites and rich, bold reds. Esteemed winemaker Gavin Miller hand-tends the vineyards and winemaking process to produce these award-winning wines. Upper Bench also produces gourmet cheeses, so their wines naturally pair deliciously with cheese.
- Pinot Blanc, 2013 ($19) - Nectarines, pears, pineapples and elderflowers come tumbling out from this wine. It's Summer in a glass, add some Brie cheese and Dad will be one happy camper! “This has a freshness that recalls Sauvignon Blanc, with lightly grassy aromas, flavours of apples and limes and a lively, refreshing acidity. 90 points” – John Schreiner
- Upper Bench Red, 2012 ($17) - This medium-bodied wine pairs well with absolutely everything - from all things grilled and BBQ'd to all cheeses. It's a real crowd pleaser and at $17 with free shipping, you're not going to get a better deal anywhere else!
- Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 2012 ($35) - This is one of the big, bold, rich reds that we were talking about. Expect a complex wine with notes of cedar, mint, black cherry, black currant, clove, and tobacco. Dad will be wowed with this wine and if he likes blue cheese too, then this pairing will knock his socks off.
B) Le Vieux Pin
Aptly named, Le Vieux Pin focuses on French wine styles and traditional, Old World approaches to winemaking. Benefiting from the hot, dry climate in the south Okanagan region of Oliver, this winery's specialty is Syrah and, indeed, they make some of the best Syrah in the Okanagan Valley. Le Vieux Pin's wines are premium, complex and age-worthy with incredible food pairing capability.
- Petit Blanc, 2014 ($22) - Made from Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris, this wine is crisp and refreshing with notes of citrus, apricots and peaches. If Dad likes a dry, easy-going wine for sunny days at the cottage, this is the one for him. Pairs beautifully with seafood, salad, chicken dishes, and cheese platters.
- Petit Rouge, 2013 ($24) - The dark twin (and perfect complement) of the Petit Blanc, this wine blends Syrah and Merlot for a delicious, rich red. Pair this wine with grilled steaks or game meat, roast beef, and charcuterie. Strong cheeses will also pair beautifully.
- Syrah Cuvée Violette ($30) - Absolutely gorgeous, this is award-winning Syrah right here! This wine is full-bodied with dark cherry fruit, black pepper, and a hint of smoke. Serve with smoked duck, steak with peppercorn sauce, or with another bottle of this Syrah!
And from Ontario...
This winery has been family owned and operated since 1893 in Germany! The Konzelmann family moved to Canada in 1984 taking the winery with them to Niagara and their wines have been winning awards ever since. With over 30 different wines to choose from, there's a wine here for everyone.
* PLUS, Konzelmann will be giving a winery tour and tasting ($15 value) to every person who buys 6+ bottles from them during this Father's Day promotion.
- Riesling, 2012 ($12.15) - This wine is everything a Riesling should be! Crisp yet aromatic, notes of lemon and grapefruit, lychee, and melon sail out of the glass. Well balanced with nice acidity and a hint of minerality, this is a gorgeous summer sipper.
- Barrel Aged Chardonnay, 2013 ($14.15) - For Dads who love buttery, toasty, oaked Chardonnays, this is a winner. Pair this wine with roasted or barbecued chicken or pork chops for a fantastic meal. It's also the perfect partner for mushroom risotto or creamy pastas.
- Pinot Noir Reserve, 2012 ($30.15) - Made from the best vineyard grapes and aged in oak, this wine is flavourful and complex. Expect notes of dark cherry and plum, cocoa and vanilla.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!